Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine's Day Surprise

My husband is unbelievable.

When I got home I went to use the restroom and noticed a Valentine's card sitting on top of Brian's reading material:

I got so excited and thought, "Oh, Brian.... You really need to remember to hide my gifts!" I mean, It wasn't the first time I had found a card of mine lying around. So of course I opened it:

Can't read it? I'll help you. "I want to spoil you in a very special way. I've planned for you a spa weekend in Vegas where you'll get the pampering you deserve. I've made arrangements for you to enjoy this gift whenever your heart desires as long as it's on of these following dates: [lists dates]."

I thought it was a little weird to have blackout dates, but I didn't care. I was going to VEGAS, BABY! Woo hoo! I could barely contain my excitement.

Then I noticed the open magazine under it, with the ad: "Only Vegas: Spas for her. Sports for you."

I walked out and confronted Brian. "You can't leave an advertisement like this laying around! Do you know how crushed I am right now?!? I thought we were going to Vegas!" He just started laughing and confessed...

He had put it there on purpose.

Yes, just to mess with me.

Is that love, or what?

P.S. I just posted a pregnancy update also, if you're interested (see previous post).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow!!! that's an amazing gift!!! lucky you!!!! enjoy!!

Christine said...

Ha ha ha ha! I wish! It was just a magazine ad. :(

Jaybird and Me said...

Cruel! Here I was all ready to be jealous.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !