Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let the Holidays Begin!

Today I took the kids to pick out a Christmas tree. In the rain. Fun times! But I knew if I didn't do it this weekend I wouldn't be able to do it for two more weeks... and that just wasn't an option!

First of all, I found out today that my son has expensive taste in Christmas trees.  But he finally chose one we could afford and they strapped it on top of my car.  I pulled into my driveway, took the kids inside and then looked back at the car, thinking, "How am I going to do this by myself?"  I was most concerned about getting it off the car without it falling on my head.


Well, I'm happy to report that I DID IT!  And without any cussing, even!  It was a proud moment.  So I took a picture:


After the kids' naps we decorated it with the lights Chase picked out (I was voting for the white lights look, but... *sigh*... kids always win).  Chase helped put the ornaments on while Chloe took them all off (so it took awhile)!  The tree looks pretty funny in the light, without any ornaments on the bottom!

When it got dark Chase turned off all the lights and it was so sweet to watch them both totally enthralled by the tree:


Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Supermom!!!

Sandy K. said...

This is so beautiful, Missy. I'd like the photo!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !