Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Haircut

Chase got his first haircut today. It was time. The boy was shaggy! He was starting to be known as the hippie kid at daycare. Anyway, we had no idea how he would take it but he was a champ. He only got upset at the very end when she put the electric razor to his head to trim his "sideburns" and the nape of his neck. The rest of the time he had fun steering the car, playing with the hairdresser's water bottle and watching Sesame Street. I went into the "salon" thinking nothing of it except "thank goodness we are finally getting this done," but when she started snipping away at his sweet little curls I got a tad teary-eyed. My baby is growing up!!

The salon (Snippet's) gave us a little snippet of his hair and a DVD of the experience. When we watched it tonight, with both of us standing in the background, we laughed and said, "One day Chase is going to look at this and say, 'Wow, look how young my parents look!'" And then I thought to myself, "I wish I had done my hair today." We hadn't planned on going anywhere (let alone being video taped)! *sigh* OH, well.... :)

More photos of the experience are in our Photo Album. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's ok...there's a 5 month old at our daycare that they put his hair in a pony tail sometimes b/c its so long!

Chase's long hair in the front always cracked me up...looked like he had a little comb over! So glad he did so well. I think it'll be years before our kids need a haircut!

Christine said...

Comb-over is right!! My boss started calling him Donald Trump just days after he was born. The cowlick is going to give me nightmares on school picture days for a lot of years, I think. ;)

Anonymous said...

I haven't cut Noel's hair yet. And now that we've started talking about it, she screams and wants nothing to do with it. Although, I'm sure we all remember the GREAT HAIR SNIP of 2006. I wish we had a fun place like you do to take her to. She might actually want to do it, then.

I didn't think he looked so much like Trump as he did Marty McFly's dad.

Christine said...

Ahhhh... The GREAT HAIR SNIP 2006. I will never forget that!

Marty McFly's dad.... You're SO RIGHT!! Ha ha ha!

Unknown said...

LOVE the McFly reference!!! Right on!!

Anonymous said...

Noel is looking at this picture and wants to know if it's baby Jesus. I see great things in Chases' future.

I need to see a before and after pic. Please post one of each.

Christine said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! I don't know, I think he's to devious sometimes to be baby Jesus.

I didn't get very good before/after pics, but the ones I did get are in our photo album if you want to check them out.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !