Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Uh, Oh....

My son has a new word. Well, I guess it's two words... so technically it's a phrase. But I'm calling it a new word so I can add it to his list:
  • Kitty
  • Mama(mamamama)
  • Dada(dadadada)
And....
  • "Uh, oh...."
I swear it is the cutest word he will probably ever say. I noticed it one morning when he was throwing/dropping some balls. Every time one would fall to the floor I would hear, "Uh, oh...." And it's not the way you or I would traditionally say it, with the emphasis being on the "uh" with a higher vocal inflection. He likes to emphasise the "oh." Like "uh, OOOOHHHHHHH!!!!" Almost like he's saying "uh, WHOAH THAT IS AMAZING!!!!"

Brian and I were making fun of it this morning and every time we would say it, he would say it back. The three of us had a whole conversation in "Uh, oh's." Sometimes I think if we were to just step outside ourselves and look in we would make circling gestures at our ears and roll our eyes at us.... "What complete loons." The next time I look at Chase when he's laughing at a spoon and say, "I wish I was that easily amused" I need to remember times like this morning and say, "Oh, wait... I am."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to hear that! you'll have to get it on video and post it!! And yes...I love those moments that we got lost in it with them...they're the best!

Liza Jane said...

That's great! I'm totally with you on loving how Liam is easily amused. Yesterday Elphie coughed and Liam laughed hysterically. Little guys are so much fun!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !