Friday, January 25, 2008

Stair Master

So Brian and Chase were playing in the basement. Chase was playing with a ball and watching Barney on TV. Brian walked to the laundry side, shifted wet clothes over to the dryer, put another load in the washer, and when he came out Chase was nowhere to be found. He looked everywhere and all of a sudden he heard him... UPSTAIRS.

OK, after I got over my heart attack (which was shortly after Brian got over his) I thought to myself, "WHERE DID HE LEARN THAT?!?" OK, so one day a few months ago he looked interested in the stairs so I helped him crawl up them... but he went at a very slow pace and I was behind him the whole time. Since then he has never tried to climb them, or even looked remotely interested in trying. So tell me, HOW did he not only learn to do that by himself, but do it THAT FAST and SO STEALTH that Brian didn't hear him from the laundry room (located right under the stairs)?!?

One thing I have learned about my son is that he completely figures something out in his head before he attempts it. So by the time he does attempt it he's a pro! Example: He isn't walking yet, and it may be a little while longer before he is. But I'll bet that when he decides he's ready he will just take off running like he's been doing it forever.

So where are those eyes that are supposed to be in the back of every parent's head? Ours have not grown in yet and I have a feeling we're going to need them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh boy! now the fun part is trying to teach him how to come down. Sarah does it the 'right' way and goes down feet first, one at a time. Jacob prefers to body surf down them...which usually ends up in a somersault. agh! We have a quad-level and stairs are everywhere...so are gates!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !