Friday, February 22, 2008

And now for the answer to... Name That Crud!

Brian and I bought Chase this cool toy for Christmas:



He LOVES it. We put it in his playpen and he has a blast in there. He will put all sorts of toys on it, including blocks, stacking rings and sippy cups. It's great fun.

Thursday he was playing with it while I was getting ready in the morning. I heard the music coming from the table but something was different. I looked over and the piece in the middle wasn't spinning, so none of the balls were doing anything. They were just sitting there. Huh.

So that night after I put Chase to bed I grabbed the table and immediately realized something was up because you could hear pieces of something rattling around inside and little white flakes were falling to the floor. I took it down to the basement and while I got caught up on my American Idol episodes I took a screwdriver to the table and dismantled it. What you saw in the "Name That Crud" post (see previous) fell out of the table all over the floor when I finally got the thing apart.

It's dried milk.

I gagged, too.

I guess the milk from a leaky sippy cup (or 20) flying around the table must have seeped in through the table's speakers or something. I spent over an hour taking the insides of that table apart, cleaning everything out and putting it all back together again.

No more sippy cups allowed in the play pen!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ICK! Did it smell as bad as I imagine it did? At least you were able to repair it. So glad he likes the table so much!!!

Christine said...

YES, it smelled horrific!!

He really does love that table. All of his toys take a spin on it at one point or another! :)

Unknown said...

Yuck, that does seem pretty gross.

What is the toy and where does it come from? I am always looking for toys for my niece and nephew that won't tick off my sister-in-law (she's vindictive, so any time I give her kids something that annoys her, I know I am in for retaliation when I have kids).

Christine said...

We ordered it from Barb, a Discovery Toys representative. Barb, wanna post your web link here for Carrie?

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie! Yes, I sell Discovery Toys! My web link is no longer up, but if you are interested, I can get you another link to browse and you can still order through me via email. Email me or visit my blog and leave me a comment if you are interested and I'll be in touch! Hurry - there is a catalog-wide sale going on now through March 14!
bolszewski[@]comcast[dot]net
www.barbaramanatee.blogspot.com

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !