Thursday, May 22, 2008

Congratulations, David Cook!

Well I am surprised, but pleasantly so! Of the 2 David's (Archuleta and Cook), I definitely liked David Cook better. Archuleta has an incredible voice, but as far as performers go... well, Cook blows him out of the water. While I think the best man won, I almost wish Archuleta had won instead, because I think he needs the contract more than David Cook does. I think Cook would have succeeded either way, but behind Archuleta's amazing vocals he's just a goofy kid with a lot of talent that maybe in 5 years could go somewhere. Right now he's just not marketable as a performer. I'm afraid without American Idol he won't go much of anywhere after this. That being said, maybe that's a good thing. If he were to try to make it now and flop, it would be hard to make a comeback later. If he can stay out of the spotlight til he's matured a little as a performer maybe he could have a shot down the road. Who knows?

Am I making any sense or am I just babbling? Forgive me. Anyway, until next year....

CW.... OUT!

1 comment:

Sandy K. said...

We actually watched some of it this time around, and may agree with your statement. I like David A. better, maybe more likeable and more my style of music? But I do think David C. is the more versatile performer, so will probably have more options as he strives for the big-time.

Babbling? Maybe a little:):)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !