Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you moms out there! We had a nice day. We went to brunch and did a little shopping. I am the luckiest mom out there, you know it? My son is not only adorable (in my incredibly unbiased opinion, of course), but he loves my stupid little songs. He has been a bit of a crab the past few days (I think the craziness of this move is finally getting to him) but one thing that can calm him down is my personal collection of silly songs, such as "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly," "10 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," "Little Bunny Foo Foo" and countless others. It's a small thing, but it's something just the two of us share and that is priceless. I even busted out "If You're Happy and You Know It," which I hardly ever do, and he surprised me by clapping his hands. Too sweet.

I also got two Pandora charms for my bracelet for Mother's Day.... An apple "teacher" charm to symbolize my new venture into the world of education, and a house (for our new house, obviously)! But the best Mother's Day gift was a big sloppy kiss on the chin from my baby. You just can't beat that.

3 comments:

HeathSaw said...

Christine,

Mon's friend Heather here- OMG You know the old lady song??? I didn't think anyone else knew that song. Ella loved it too. I haven't sung it in awhile though. She is hooked on the Raffi now.

Your little boy is adorable! Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great Mother's day!

Christine said...

Thanks for visiting, Heather! Yes, the old lady song is Chase's favorite! Ha ha!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !