Sunday, May 11, 2008

Step 2 Complete!

We have completed Step 2 of our move (for a refresher on our "moving steps," click here)! This past week was a "transition week" out of Step 2 and into Step 3. We had a good time in Michigan with my parents, despite our crazy schedules while we were there! Chase played outside a lot at the house and at various parks. We also got to visit with step-family, which was nice since I don't know when we'll be able to see them next! The photos we took while we were there are now in our Photo Album if you want to check them out.

We left my parents' house Tuesday morning and headed for Chicago. We drugged Boomerang up with tranquilizers (he does NOT do well in the car) and he passed out in his litter box:


We stayed the night at friends Bart & Nicole's, who have the most adorable 3-week-old baby in the world! Meet Conor:


Chase thought he was pretty cool, too:


Wednesday morning Brian and Chase left for St. Louis while I stayed with Nicole through Saturday morning to help her with Conor (and to spend a little more time with her before I had to say goodbye.... But don't get me started on that or I'll start bawling again)! 2 nights this week I took over baby duty all night so they could get some sleep. While Conor was a WAY better sleeper than Chase ever was, around 4am both nights I was reminded of the sleep deprivation new parents go through.... And I'm not quite ready to do that again!

While I was in Chicago, Brian flew to Pittsburgh for his friends BJ & Andrea's wedding (Chase stayed in St. Louis with his Grandma & Grandpa W). Saturday we all met back in St. Louis and Step 3 officially began! It looks like we should have a couple quieter weeks ahead of us here in St. Louis until I fly to Raleigh for my friend Amanda's wedding Memorial Day weekend. PHEW!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !