Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's Potty Time!

Today's milestone: Chase's first poop in the potty!

We haven't been formally potty training, but we have noticed that lately he has started to tell us before he poops, so we decided maybe when he tells us to just put him on the potty and see what happens. So today we were playing in his room and he stopped what he was doing with "that look" on his face and said, "Uh, oh." I asked him if he had to poop and he said, "OK" (his way of saying yes... which I find so hilarious, by the way). So we went to his little potty and I stripped him down and sat him there. I didn't know if he would stay but he sat there for awhile and then started saying, "Uh, oh! Uh, oh!" and peering between his legs. He finally said, "All done" and stood up. I didn't expect to see anything, but lo and behold... a pellet.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE AHEAD.

Yes, I had to take a picture of it. Did you really think I wouldn't?!?

Anyway, of course I made a HUGE deal out of it and he got so excited he tried to carry the entire potty around the house. He wasn't very happy when I made him put it down, but got over it when he got to flush the poop down the BIG potty.

Ah, our life thrills these days....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

way to go Chase! We casually tried potty training this summer but are on a 'break' right now. Sarah started off great with it but then I saw her grunting one day and put her on the potty - where she DID poop - and then seemed to be TERRIFIED of the potty for weeks afterwards!

Good luck with future attempts!

Sandy K. said...

Okay...I have decided you are not my daughter. MY daughter would never have even considered discussing, let alone posting a picture of what is obviously a bodily funcion! Dad and I are discussing the "motherhood" change...and chuckling. Love ya!!!!!

Christine said...

Brian and I were just discussing that very thing ourselves this morning! Ha ha!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !