Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Birthday Swim

I celebrated my 32nd birthday in the pool with Chase today. It was our third day of "Mommy and Me" swim lessons. Brian was there to take some photos, which didn't turn out great with the lighting in the place. But I'll share a couple anyway.

When we first get in the pool we're supposed to pour water all over the kids to get them all wet. Not Chase's favorite part. In this photo it looks like I'm pouring water over his head with a vengance. I promise I wasn't mad at him! I was probably saying a prayer he wouldn't throw a temper tantrum.

To be fair, I always let him get me back:

Here's a photo of him concentrating on his kicks:

And this is his favorite thing to do.... Throw a ball and swim to go get it:

Now today was a special day because it was the first time we dunked them under the water. I had no idea how this was going to go so I asked Brian to get a video of it. OK, wait.... Let me revise that statement. I was almost positive Chase would come back up with crazed vengance and curse me for trying to drown him... so I asked Brian to get it on video for the sole purpose of posting a funny video on the blog tonight.

Am I so wrong for hoping my son's torture would make for some good entertainment?

Anyway, I won't tell you what happened. You can see for yourself:

OK, so it isn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. But I am glad. I promise I'm not disappointed my kid wasn't traumatized!

Then some of the kids started jumping off the side of the pool into the water. I was sure my scaredy-cat kid (I say that with the deepest affection) wouldn't want any part of that, but I was mistaken! Ah, the power of peer pressure.

We did that for the rest of the class. He just couldn't get enough of it!

Anyway, when we got home I got to open my presents and eat cake (Chase's favorite part)! Brian and Chase spoiled me, as usual (good boys)!

Since we couldn't really work a date night around Chase's swim lesson, Brian and I are going to do something fun for my birthday when we're both off on Friday. I see DSW in my future!

(I'm not sure that's Brian's idea of "something fun for my birthday," but it is my day!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

I thought about doing swim lessons with the twins this summer, too...but not sure what I'd do with Adam all the time...

Sarah needs to take lessons of some sort...she's rather afraid of the water and I'm pretty sure that dunk would have traumatized her!

Holly said...

Yay Chase! What a stud-muffin!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !