Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chloe: 11 Months

Well, I did my best to get an 11 month photo with the "Growth Chart Bear," but I was about as successful as I was last time. We are still not a fan of the bear.


It seems like lately she has become especially active. She is really getting good at communicating. If you ask her for something she knows what it is, like when you say "Can I have the ball?" she'll pick up the ball (versus any of the other toys around her). One of her new favorite things is to give you stuff. She loves to hand things over to you and when you give them back sometimes you get her adorable attempt at "Thank you!" Then sometimes she'll act like she's going to give you something but holds on for dear life when you try to take it from her, and laughs ("Psych!"). It's her fun game. She also knows now what she's not supposed to do. She loves to get into my rack of CD's in the living room, and now she'll crawl over there and right before she gets to it she will turn around and flash me a, "What are you going to do about it?" grin.

It is interesting to see her interact with Chase differently, too. She now grabs all of his toys, which he HATES. And Chase has always been ALL OVER HER, and she is now starting to object more than just crying when he won't back off. She has this primitive caveman growl she'll do (and then he does it back because it makes him mad that she objects) and today she chomped her teeth at him twice, like she was threatening to bite him. I thought it was hilarious but Chase was not a fan.

Chloe does have some serious stranger anxiety.  When Chase was a baby he went through the phase of clinging to me when strangers were around, but I don't remember it being as bad as it is with Chloe.  It's getting a little better, but for awhile there we'd be in line at Target and the cashier would just say hi to her and she would burst into tears.  I feel sorry for our babysitters because they say she screams for a LONG time after I leave, which kills me!  And my daughter does have an UBER-dramatic, LOUD cry.  No, more like a blood-curdling horror flick scream.  It's hard not to laugh at it sometimes.

She has 5 teeth now. Maybe 6. I'm afraid to get too close to look because she does like to chomp these days! We are working on "No bite!"  She is getting pretty stable on those legs, but hasn't tried to walk on her own yet.  Yesterday she walked down the hall with me, with one hand holding on to my pant leg.  I feel like she is permanently attached to my leg!

Well, I think that's a good update.  I feel like I hadn't done one in awhile.  Now....  Time for some summer fun!

No comments:

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !