Monday, March 10, 2008

Speaking the Same Language

Children never cease to amaze me. It's like all of a sudden they just KNOW stuff and you're left standing there dumbfounded like, "Wait.... What just happened here?"

Sunday morning I went into Chase's room to get him and he didn't have his pajama pants on. I laughed and said, "Where are your pants?!?" He looked down at his legs, then up at me with a look that screamed, "Whoah! You're right! I DON'T have any pants on!" and then looked all around the crib. I was shocked. "Did you just understand what I said?!?" No way. He's just a baby! It must have been a fluke, I thought.

After breakfast we were all on the floor playing together and Brian asked me, "Where is his big red ball?" I responded, "I don't know, I haven't seen it in awhile" and Chase crawled across the room, went into the little nook between his crib and the wall and came out with his big red ball. Brian and I just looked at each other wide-eyed. Could he have understood us? Naw....

So last night we tested the theory. He was sitting in the middle of the floor and Brian said, "Where's your ball?" He looked around, spotted it and crawled across the room to get it.

When did this happen?!?!?!? It's the coolest thing in the world, I swear! Just when I think he can't possibly get any cooler he comes up with something new.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing? We had that discovery a few weeks ago ourselves when we realized Sarah totally knew what we just said. Then the other day, after I got her dressed for school and started to head downstairs, she stopped and fussed a bit. When I asked her "what?" she pointed to her feet and said "shoes!" Sure enough...I forgot to put on her shoes and she didn't want anything else until her shoes were on! Wow!
The definitely understand more than they can say!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !