Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break Visitors

Brian's parents, Elmer and Sheila, came into town for a few days over Sheila's spring break (she's a teacher). They stayed for 4 1/2 days and we packed a lot in while they were here!

Saturday they all went into the city without me while I attended my friend Nicole's baby shower. They saw the river being dyed green for St. Patrick's Day, which is something Brian and I did before we were married. I'm glad we got photos of Chase having some fun in the city before we have to move! Here's a photo of him with his Grandma and Grandpa in front of the seemingly radioactive river:

Sunday we spent the afternoon touring model homes to get some decorating ideas and dream a little when we entered homes we couldn't afford! In the midst of the tours we took a break for lunch and introduced Chase to Culver's frozen custard! Here is a photo of him getting mad because we wouldn't let him have ours after he was done with his:

(I think it's time for another hair cut!)

Monday I had to go back to work and they all went shopping. Grandma and Grandpa got Chase some new outfits for Easter. We suddenly realized the boy had NO warm-weather clothes in his size and in a couple months he's going to need them! So that helped a lot (thanks, Elmer and Sheila)! At the mall Sheila took Chase on the carousel. Apparently he wasn't sure of it at first but by the end he was having a lot of fun:

It's always good to spend time with family. We have to enjoy it while we can, because family visits once we move to Texas won't be nearly as convenient!

Photos of our weekend have been posted to our Photo Album if you want to check them out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to see the green river some year! How fun! We need to get shopping for warmer-weather clothes too - but I want to wait to make sure they'll be in the sizes that I am thinking and not buy a bunch of stuff too small or too big!

Liza Jane said...

We love Culver's! Mmm, I could go for a butter burger right now....

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !