Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa K


My parents left today and it's so quiet around here!  It was wonderful to have them visit.  My mom was such an amazing help, taking care of Chase while we were at the hospital, helping entertain Chase while we tended to Chloe, and tending to Chloe while we entertained Chase!  My dad drove down after Chloe was born and he was also a big help, fixing one of Brian's sprinkler heads, washing our windows (which was SO necessary!) and taking care of other odd jobs around the house.

But even with all the work going on around the house, we still managed to have some fun while they were here.  Here are a few highlights!  We went swimming....


We also played in the backyard a few times.  We got Chase a sprinkler, but he didn't really want the water to touch him.  Here he is, trying to get a ball without getting wet (he even put on sunglasses so water wouldn't get in his eyes):


He then decided it would make a good drinking fountain:


Grandma and I got hot on the back porch so we conned him into gathering water from the sprinkler to dump on our feet!


So then, even though he didn't want to get wet from the sprinkler, he decided it would be OK to fill a storage bin full of water and climb inside!  He called it his new pool:


Since we will be sitting at home a lot of the summer with the new baby, I have a feeling Chase will have lots of sprinkler days! It definitely keeps him entertained. He does everything BUT run around in the sprinkler, but he loves it anyway.

More photos are posted in our Photo Album if you're interested!

P.S.  I am doing several update posts today.  Check out the previous 4th of July post if you haven't already!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how funny that he ended up in the tub as a pool! hehe!!

Holly said...

Ummm. I have a drain that is pretty slow in my shower, my windows could be washed, there's a door that hangs funny and doesn't close all the way....Do you think your dad would come up and take care of those for me? I'm so happy your parents were able to be there for Chloe's first few days!

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !