Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cookie Saga, Part 1

Brian is teaching all day today, so I thought it might be fun to have some "mother/son bonding time" and bake/decorate cookies with Chase. Last week we made Rice Krispie treats (my first time making them ever!) and it was pretty fun. Look at me, trying to be all domestic here!

Anyway, because I try to do things the easiest way possible, I bought the pre-made cookie dough so we could skip the whole messy preparation part (I know my mom is shaking her head at me right now). Well, it turns out it is probably not that much easier to buy the dough already pre-made, because it is extra gooey and sticky and harder to work with. I eventually gave up on the rolling pin altogether and we just used our hands to press it all out. We were able to cookie cut our shapes, but getting them to keep their form while scooping them up and transferring them to the pan was another story.

Pop quiz: What are the following figures supposed to be? (Hint: It is not a giant turkey and its wattle.)

I won't keep you in suspense. Here are your answers:

Oh, well. As soon as Chase gets up from his nap we'll start decorating. Stay tuned to see how the canned frosting works out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...oh well...who cares how they look - they still taste good! :-)

Kelly said...

I can't believe how hard I just laughed. Both at the "it's not a turkey and its wattle" comment and at the actual cookies & their cutter shapes.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !