Sunday, July 12, 2009

Morning Adventures

It's only 10am and we have been busy here at our house!

Chase has a new hat (his words, not mine):

And we have been invaded lately by nasty pincher bugs. We find dead ones a lot, telling us the pest defense system does work. But today Chase found a live one and was SO excited to show me. I asked him if I could kill it because it could hurt us (it DOES have pinchers, you know) and he said, "No! It's going bye-bye!" He was trying to convince me I didn't have to kill it because it was leaving anyway. I had no idea what to do. Brian came in from mowing the lawn and said, "Why don't you put it outside?" DUH. I sometimes wonder how I'm equipped to be a mom. Of course you set it free! But that meant I had to get close enough to catch it. Hmmmm....

We finally got it outside with a napkin. It crawled off a couple times before we actually got to the back door, but eventually we did free it. Then Chase got it in his head that he would find more! So we headed inside and I let him comb the area for more live ones. He actually found two more, much to my horror, and this time we were smart enough to put them in a little plastic cup to transport them outside.

We set them free and he wished them well on their journey:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...Jacob's got the same PJ's!

Sandy K. said...

Hurray! An animal activist in the family. We need him to keep fighting the good fight:).

Love the hat! Add feathers next time.

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !