Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cookie Saga, Part 2

(If you didn't read part 1, see previous post.)

Canned frosting worked great! Because it was so soft, the sprinkles had something good to stick to. I hate it when you do "real frosting" and the sprinkles just slide right off because it has started hardening already.

Chase had a great time putting the sprinkles on the cookies...

...and eating the sprinkles...

...and getting all smug when I caught him eating the sprinkles:

Here are our finished products!

Yes, there are a few holes there. After all, we had to make sure they turned out alright!

Chase did an especially amazing job with his cookie decorating. If you can wait until Tuesday I'll post pictures of his masterpiece then. Is the suspense killing you? (It may just kill me!)

3 comments:

Sandy K. said...

Fabulous job, you two. This brings back great memories, except you and Jeff didn't mind getting messy...AND we did everything from scratch:). I do recommend the home made cookie dough as you'll get better consistency. But then...you wouldn't have as much to blog about! I can't wait until Tuesday!

Holly Nelson said...

Chris's mom has gotten Noel TONS of cookie cutters and decorating kits for Williams-Sonoma. We have princesses and clothes and dolls and babies and things. But I'm sure they have bugs and trucks and fun stuff that boys would have a blast with. Check them out some time. Especially if you have an outlet somewhere near you. Looks like you guys had LOADS of fun. My problem would be trying not to eat them all in one sitting.

I must admit that less than a month ago was the first time that I made Rice Krispie Treats, too. How EASY! I had no idea how easy they were! But, I ate those all in less than 24 hours. Okay, I had a little help.

Unknown said...

see...good enough to eat! :-)

Our Blog Has Moved!

Check us out at  3c-family.com !